Should consult a doctor as I am planning for a baby?

Planning for a baby now? Should I consult a docotor?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Since you were under treatment for tuberculosis till December 2011 and your abdomen is still distended, you should get your routine blood tests and ultrasound scan of abdomen done to find out if there is still some persistent infection left.
Getting specifc antibody tests for tubercular antigen will be helpful in finding out if you are fully cured.
Once you are fully cured, you can plan for a baby.
You can then start taking folic acid supplements and have unprotected sex during the fertile days of your period.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.