Should child be prescribed Zoloft for anxiety?

my son is 11 they say he may have anxiety amd they prescribed him Zoloft I would like to know if that is bad for him or if it will help him
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 3 hours later
Brief Answer: if he has Anxiety Disorder, Zoloft will benefit Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW One shouldn't start Zoloft on the basis of "may have Anxiety " but after making sure " has Anxiety Disorder" You can get Hamilton's Rating Scale for Anxiety in Children and see if your son fits in to it. Your doctor can assist you here. Zoloft is a very effective medicine for Anxiety Disorder so he will be benefited . Good Luck Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa Psychiatrist
Follow-up: Should child be prescribed Zoloft for anxiety? 28 minutes later
my son filled out 5 pages asking questions and it was a scale from 1-10 he answered alot with 10 being worst alot my son fainted about 1 mtg ago at Wal-Mart can anxiety cause that his blood tests came o ut normal
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Allow your son to start on Zoloft Detailed Answer: Hello Yes, anxiety can cause giddiness and fainting . I think, you can allow to start on zoloft . The results will be good.Blood tests can be normal. Good Luck DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA