Should bath be taken right after work-out or after resting for 30 min? Temperature of water?

Hi! I would like to ask when is the best time to take a bath after exercise? Is it right after the work-out or should I rest for about 30 mins. first before taking a bath? And also what temp. of the water should I use, hot or cold? I also need explanation about this. Please I need an immediate answer. Thanks so much!
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

After exercise, you should take a bath once your heart rate comes back to near normal level and your active sweating has almost dried up.

We recommend to avoid a sudden temperature difference which might even lead to a vagal shock.
XXXXXXX warm water is best recommended for taking a bath after exercise to avoid sudden peripheral vasoconstriction and a sudden rise of blood pressure if cold water is used.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

I will be available for your further follow up queries if any.