Should antibiotics for chest infection stopped when suffering from cold and cough?

Child aged 11 went to a and e with stomach pain Saturday suspected appendicitis blood test clear given antibiotics for chest infection .been on antibiotics since Saturday evening tonight vomited after antibiotic now has cough and cold Should I stop antibiotic because of being sick?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: No, don't stop the antibiotics now, complete. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. I would urge you not to stop the antibiotics now, continue the course and complete it. If you do not see any improvement then you will need to consult his pediatrician again and get an X-ray done to look for any pneumonia. Hope this answers your query. Please feel free to write back if you any doubts. Regards