Should a PCOS or thyroid test be done for acne,obesity and irregular periods?

I m 27 yrs old and have a 2yr old kid. during my pregnancy I gained 20+ kg weight. I m over weight still. my periods have been regular till last month with a 30 day cycle. this month it came a week late. for the past 7-8 months I have been having permanent pimple marks on my face. should I test for pcod? do I start taking metaphage tablets? should I do a thyroid test? I have previously had pcod but had cured up.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need life style modifications Detailed Answer: Hi Gibin, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX All your present symptoms could be due to hormonal imbalance and the main culprit could be overweight. Initially the treatment will be life style modification, change in diet, exercise this will automatically improve all your present symptoms. My advise is to wait for 6 to 8 months and try weight reduction and observe if your symptoms are getting alright. If the symptoms seems to be increasing then you need complete evaluation like: Scan pelvis to find poly cystic ovaries, Hormonal blood investigations: LH, FSH-leutinizing , follicular stimulating hormone assays, thyroid function tests, serum prolactin level Blood sugar examination: fasting and post-prandial. And regarding your questions: For pimples: you can consult a dermatologist and get some acne cream, which will help temporarily, most of the times weight reduction will reduce your pimples. do I start taking metaphage tablets? NO, unless your blood sugars are abnormal. should I do a thyroid test? Yes Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!