Should Sucralfate and Carafate be taken together?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I received a prescription from my doctor for Sucralfate 1gm. 2 days later I received a prescription for carafate 1GM/10ML suspension should I take both prescriptions or is this a duplicate on there part it is the weekend and they are closed
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Answered Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query Both are the same and you can have any one of them Regards Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Should Sucralfate and Carafate be taken together? 1 hour later
One or the other not both at the same time

Brief Answer: Answered Detailed Answer: Hi Both are smae. Hence take any one only Regards