Should I worry if my semen is yellowish in color after suffering from fever ?

I am 46 years old. I had a fever last night of 100.5 and my temperature now is normal. I ejaculated 3 times today and each time my seamen was a yellowish color and I am alarmed because it has always been white or clear/white. Are the fever and seamen color change related, and what should I do?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 5 hours later

Normally, Semen will appear cloudy white and have a sticky consistency. It can be yellow coloured naturally. Yellow semen may normally occur because of a diet with high amount of sulfur like garlic, onions, legumes, grains, nuts, broccoli, cabbages and asparagus.

But since you have fever associated, there is always doubt about Genito-Urinary Infection.

Yes, Genito-prostate), cystitis (infection of bladder), epididymitis (infection of epididymis), Gonorrhea, Chlamyda infection, etc. Physical examination and evaluation is recommended.

You may get your following pathological tests done:
1. Complete blood count
2. Urine tested for routine & micro.
3. Semen analysis

I hope I have answered your query. I am available for follow ups.