Should I worry if my baby vomits litle quantity of milk after feed?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My 6 weeks old son pukes little quantity of milk (curd like consistency) after feed? Is there anything to worry about?
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
Brief Answer: this is a common event. Detailed Answer: Hi, This is very common . It s called posseting in medical term. It is due to swallowed air coming up after feeds. Burp the baby after feeds . As far as baby is sleeping well for at least 1- 1 .5 hrs after feeds and passing stools daily ,the feeds are adequate. Good luck Dr uma