Should I worry about the blackish blue spurs inside the vagina ?

I am 53
I have blackish blue spors inside vagina and on lips
5'5", 200lbs, no irregular paps, no bleeding etc.,
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Presence of blackish blue spurs inside vagina and on its lips is a harmless finding. These are skin tags or abnormal skin pigmentation spots which are benign in nature and remain like that for many years.
If you are too much concerned about their presence then you can get them removed either surgically or with the help of laser treatment but that is not necessary.
You only need to self monitor these lesions for any change in shape, size, color, irregular margins, ulceration, pain, etc. If any of these changes do appear it means they need to be investigated and then removed under the guidance of your dermatologist.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Should I worry about the blackish blue spurs inside the vagina ? 13 hours later
not spurs they are SPOTS inside and on the lips... I made a error in typing spurs - spots still, they are nothing to worry about? looks ugly! lol
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Even if they are spots, there is nothing to worry. These spots are due to overactive melanocytes. You can self monitor them also for any detrimental changes.