Should I worry about clear thick gooey like discharge during pregnancy?

Apr 2014

I'm 16 weeks pregnant. I've had a clear thick gooey like discharge. it has no color and no odor! should I worry or is this a normal pregnancy discharge?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It may be normal but you need consultation. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX If the discharge is clear,white and odour free then it is most likely caused by pregnancy hormones and it is a sign of healthy vagina.If there is no irritation,itching or burning,there is absolutely nothing to worry about. But sometimes excess secretions may be due to infection.So,you should consult your gynecologist and get examined and investigated.If needed,discharge may be sent for microbiological examination. Wish you all the best for safe pregnancy and healthy baby. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX