Should I worry about HIV infection after having protected sex with a bar girl?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Previous encounters: i had protected sex with a bar girl in Bombay dated XXXXXXX 2013..done hiv pcr DNA after 1 month and hiv antibody test at 89 th day... It was negative Next encounter : went again 1 month before from now and done fingering for 1 to 2 sex.. No cut in finger..she was a bar girl another encounter : 2weeks before fingering , she bites me on my chest with t-shirt on , or sharing same ciggrate...she is not call girl ... 2 days before i got a throat infection.white its ok.. i am getting anxious and i have to test again..if there any chances ...
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibilityof HIV ruledout by test.negligible risk Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. You don't have much risk for HIV and not to worry. Your first encounter during XXXXXXX was a protected one and you had ruled out the possibility of HIV by both HIV DNA PCR after a month and Antibody test after 89 days. Both are highly reliable and conclusive. As per CDC,Atlanta, fingering carries a negligible risk for HIV. Biting over chest, that too with shirt on, has no risk at all. Throat infection and white spot in the throat can occur to anybody and this is a common nuisance. This could unlikely to be due to HIV. So you need worry about your past sexual encounters. I hope that you got the answers for your queries, lingering in your mind and that relieves your anxiety. Try to stick to safe sex always. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Should I worry about HIV infection after having protected sex with a bar girl? 7 minutes later
Sir, after that previous protected sex i had done ..i did not had any sex.....just that fingering activity with a bar girl and a non-bar girl who bite me with t-shirt on, as there was no bleeding just a mark on skin for 1 or 2 i again have to do test.....this throat infection is urging me ...kindly relieve me ...i too had anxiety symptoms i need think of worrying and testing Throat infection not much..just feeling a very slight coughing
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Throat infection not related to HIV.Test suggested Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Welcome back. I can understand your concern. I understand that after your protected exposure, you didn't have penetrative sex but only fingering. That is why I quoted CDC that your risk is negligible. That means almost nil risk. Throat infection is not due to HIV. It is a common infection which can occur to anybody. Regarding further test, I recommend you to have one more DNA PCR test as it had already over 4 weeks and it will have a conclusive result and no antibody test is necessary. Ruling out HIV by this test will relieve you anxiety very much. Only for that I suggest this test not with any suspicion. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Should I worry about HIV infection after having protected sex with a bar girl? 11 minutes later
Fingering case was 1 month before ,, biting encounter was 2 weeks before from now with a non bar girl.when i could do the pcr test
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can have the test now itself and rule out HIV Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome once again. You just ignore the biting incident. It has no risk for HIV as you wore shirt and saliva is not infectious. As you had crossed 4 weeks after fingering you can have the DNA PCR test now itself and rule out the HIV and relax yourself. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Should I worry about HIV infection after having protected sex with a bar girl? 22 minutes later
Thanks sir for your point I missed : i also touch with my finger non bar girl lower part (V) for some seconds above undergarment and it was wet...sorry sir i missed that point... q: then also now i can go for pcr ...
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: No obvious risk.You go for test without waiting. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome once again. Once again touching the wet inner garment also is not having any obvious risk. We doctors and other health care providers, close family members and parents and gaurdians of HIV infected children are all quite likely to come across a situation like this and handled saliva, urine vomitus etc. and even sometimes blood with bare hands by occupation or in a day to day life. But no body got HIV through this unless it is an open prick with sharp instruments contaminated with blood. So need not worry about this. Still you can have DNA PCR now and no need for further test. Dr S.Murugan