Should I worried about the pus sac in the back that is growing ?

I have what I beleive to be a pus sack on my back. It has been present for some time, but has recently grown to the size of a large marble. The last several days I have forced blood and pus from it. It comes out at a spurt of pressure. Should I be concerned about something dangerous?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
A pus sack on your back from which you have removed pus repeatedly in the background of diabetes might be a chronic infection like tuberculosis.
You need to have a pus culture and sensitivity from that abscess and have antibiotics according to the sensitivity.
Usually in such a pus pocket once the pus has been drained completely and blood comes, the area starts healing. Repeated collection of pus needs to be investigated.
You also need to have a fasting and post prandial blood glucose checked to see if your diabetes is well controlled.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.