Should I wean the dosage of serquel while on HCG shots ?

I just started (under the supervision of my doctor) taking HCG shots. Just prior I was on 300 mg of seroguel. (the 18lbs weight gain definitely was from the medication). Should I wean myself off the, take a lower dose or completely stop taking the seroguel. I take bio identical hormones, prozac and the seroguel was for slight to mild issues with mood swings throughout my monthly cycle. please advise
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Thanks for writing the query.
The treatment you are taking for mood swings- Seroquel- might cause the weight gain but you should not stop the medication all of a sudden without consulting with your psychiatrist.
Sudden stoppage may be associated with withdrawal symptoms and relapse of the mood swings. Rebound insomnia is commonly seen. You should gradually taper off the dose in consultation with your doctor and can ask him for other alternative treatments.
I tried to search for the drug interactions between Quetiapine (Seroquel) and HCG, there is nothing documented.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow ups.