Should I visit a doctor to get pink spots on my stomach treated?

I have three pink spots on my stomach. They just appeared about eight months ago. Two are small and round like the size of a pencil eraser, but one is larger than a quarter and very irregular shaped with irregular borders -- not round at all. I am 48. I am 5'1" and 105 pounds. I tanned in the sun a lot when I was younger and had one very bad burn on my front side. I am very heallthy and eat very healthy and work out and slim and hardly ever get sick, even when my kids and husband are sick. I have no cancer in my family other than a grandma who got breast cancer in her 80s. But I am worried, and I currently don't have insurance. I don't want to go to a doctor and have this as a pre-existing condition before I get my insurance situation straightened out. I can't imagine this is a rash or virus because it hasn't changed or gone away and has been there for months. It is not itchy. It is not bumpy. It is not raised above the skin. It is not bothersome, but I suddenly got very stressed out after a friend told me a story about a guy who had a funny spot that turned out to be skin cancer and he seemed healthy for 10 years and then it spread to his lymph nodes and he died in 6 months and he was young. So now I am freaking out, because I have young kids and they need me.
The spots are light pink most of the time but it turns dark pink or almost red when I sweat or work out. I am Italian and have olive skin, but my belly is pretty white because I don't wear bikinis any more.
I had public health insurance but my paperwork got lost in the mail and it expired and I am tring to get it back through the state but it is a process that will take a few months. I don't want to pay to see a doctor if waiting is no big deal. I don't care about the appearance; I can just wear a one-piece bathing suit. I just want to make sure it's not something serious. I want to make sure that if I wait a few months until I get my insurance situation fixed, that it won't be a gamble that this is something serious that could spread in a XXXXXXX way in that amount of time.
Everything I read online said skin cancer is generally brown but these spots are light pink. But I can't find anything online that is light pink except allergies and rashes. How could it be that if these spots have been there for 8 months and they haven't changed.
Once I get insurance, should I see a primary care doctor or a dermatologist?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 34 minutes later
Thanks for the query,

Your rash doesnt sound like a skin cancer at this point of time.

It can be anything, To be conclusive I need a picture of the same.
Please mail your picture to me at ATTN;Dr Gaurang XXXXXXX @ WWW.WWWW.WW

The possibility that I have a this point is Parapsoriasis.

Hope my answer is adequate,i will be available for follow up.