Should I visit a doctor for blood from ear after using Q-tip and how long will it take to heal?

I used a qtip and to itch ear, blood and now fluid is coming out..should should I see a doctor? how long will this take?
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 days later
Brief Answer: Follows Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the query I will like to tell you that you might have punctured your ear drum which is leading to oozing of blood and fluids . You should not waste time and go in emergency and see and ENT specialist because only after examination with otoscope it can be determined that what is the extent of damage . Till then cover your ear with cotton and dont try to manipulate it . Take care . Dr. Shruti