Should I take testosterone injections as a thirty-four year old male? Recommended by naturalist.

Should I take testosterone injections as a 34yr old male? A naturalist doc recommended this after a blood test revealed my testosterone to only be 120. She said it should be min. 200.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 53 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you suffer from symptoms such as decreased libido, erectile dysfunctions and so on?
2.) Do you drink alcohol?
3.) Have you been facing problems with fertility?

Testosterone levels fluctuate during the day. They also vary according to persons age. They peak during adolescence and reduce as you get older,. The levels gradually decline about a percent a year after the age of 30.

The Normal Testosterone level should be between 250 ng/dl to 850 ng/dl. Your levels seem lower and testosterone therapy may benefit you. However it would be ideal that you start this therapy after a thorough evaluation by an Urologist or a Endocrinologist. Have you consulted an endocrinologist / urologist yet?

A careful examination and relevant test can help us confirm and rule the causative factors.

In addition to this, some of useful lifestyle measures are:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and protein XXXXXXX diet like eggs, chicken, fish, skimmed milk.
2.) Avoid smoking and alcohol.
3.) Exercise regularly for 30 to 40 minutes daily for 5 days a week and maintain a healthy weight.
4.) Have sex regularly, atleast thrice a week.
5.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health and All the Best.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.