Should I take my toddler to the ER for wound bleeding after hitting his eyebrow?
User rating for this question
My toddler tripped and hit his eyebrow on the table. At first I thought it was nothing because he didnt cry much, but then I saw a y-shaped wound bleeding. I've stopped the bleeding, but I'm concerned. Should I take him to the ER?
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this wound that you toddler has sustained. It is a minor wound but on a very sensitive part of the body, the face. I will strongly recommend that you take him in for appropriate wound management because any complication related to this would not be good. Also, check out about his vaccination status against tetanus. It may be necessary for him to get a booster dose if need be. He would also received some pain medications to help relief the pains. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- Esophageal cancer calcium supplement
- Calcium deposits on spleen
- Treating a fever with ponstan syrup
- Toddler belly button stinky discharge
- Calcium deposit in hand vein
- Lump between eyebrow and nose on toddler
- Viral fever with eosinophilia
- Toddler red spots on butt
- Toddler took a bump to the eyebrow
- Calcium supplements vaginal discharge
- Toddler hit eyebrow bone
- Toddler hitting eyebrow saying head hurts behind eye
- Thrush on willy baby
- What are calcium deposits on testicles
- Toddler droopy left eyebrow