Should I take long acting antibiotic for sinus infection with dark green sputum from nose?

ENT Specialist
Hi I got another sinus infection wed am. woke up with headache and dark green sputum from nose. Went to doctor, my real doctor is booked, cant get in. Begged her for antibiotic, she gave me azythromycin, took this morning. I am worse tonite, woke up tonite with worse headache, back of head and worse swollen glands. usually it goes right away. scared not the right antibiotic. what should I do? had a sinus infection in Aug and used z pak. tomorrow is sat, should I take more of long acting antibiotic that is not working? thanks
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Add Levofloxacin Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your query and medical history. I personally advised to take 1. Add Levofloxacin with your antibiotic azithromycin. 2. Nasal decongestant with systemic decongestant. 3. Nasal irrigation with saline. 4. Steam inhalation with karvol plus 5 times a day. 5. Mild pain killer. Consult your ENT specialist as early as posssible. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Wish you good health