Should I take insulin dose for abnormal sugar levels due to pancreatitis?

I have been diagnosed for Pancreatitis in XXXXXXX 13. After that I have been prescribed pancrioflat. After some time I started feeling better. But again after one month the problem reoccurred .Again the same medicine continued and now the problem of pancreatitis is treated. But the blood sugar has become abnormally high. The fasting blood sugar is 250 and PP is 360. The physician told that this is due to pancreatic and prescribed Insulin dose 16 unit in the morning and 10 units in night. Please inform me whether the present prescription is OK or I need to take some other treatment.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: The present treatment is the right one. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXX XXXXXXX Thanks for posting the question. Please be assured that your doctor has prescribed you the right treatment. If you get pancreatitis, the cells in the pancreas will die, and that is where the insulin is produced, this insulin is required to maintain the blood sugar levels in the normal range. So the only treatment for you will be to give insulin from outside, that is what exactly your doctor is doing. Please do continue with the prescribed treatment and do keep a close watch on your sugar levels by checking frequently with a glucometer at home. Hope this clarifies your doubts, you are most welcome to ask me for clarifications if you have any more doubts. Wishing you good health, Regards,