Should I take any specific medicines for fever while breast feeding my newborn suffering from G6pd deficiency?

Hi My son is 10 days old and he has been detected with G6pd deficiency. The son is having mother's feed. My wife is having fever now. Can she take normal medicines or she has to take specific medicenes. In case if she takes normal medicines, will my son have any impact. Please advise
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks dor your qyery. Relax.there is nothing to worry. Antibiotics which are safe during breastfeeding are aminoglycosides/amoxycillin/amoxicillin clavalunate/macrolides/cephalosporins and these do not cause any effect on infant. Only if mother is having quinine then breastfeeding is stopped in case of G6pd deficient baby. Hope I have answered your query Wishing your baby good health God bless..