Should I take acetaminophen for fever, constipation and vomiting?

My Son 18 months old has fever of 102F. He has developed this fever two days ago. There is no sign of respiratory disorder. We have consulted a doctor who has advised cefixime along with acetomenophen. Day before yesterday he vomited four five times at night. Since he seems to be constipated as well.
Please advise if I should proceed with cefixime along with acetomenophen.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Dear Amberisht ,

Fever and vomiting suggest your son has some infection mostly an URTI ( Upper Cefixime is an antibiotic and acetoamiphen is for fever and analgesic.both the medications are right and you should continue with them.

Does he has any signs of increased respiratory rate or labored breathing or any abnormal respiratory sounds.if answer to any of these is yes then you should visit a good pediatrician.till then these medications are fine.

Apatite and food intake goes down with fever but absence of stool passage is serious.

Hope I have answered your query,

Wishing you speedy recovery of your son