Should I take a follow up test after having a negative HIV DNA PCR test?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi, I took a HIV DNA RT by PCR (ICMA) test at 3 months after exposure and the results were Negative. Do I still need to follow up with a test at 6 months?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: HIV free. No further test is need. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. HIV DNA PCR (ICMA) test is detecting the antigen (viral particle itself).This highly specific and sensitive test for HIV. If this test is negative after 4 weeks the you are free from HIV. You had this test 3 months after your high risk contact and the same was negative. It confirms that you are not infected with HIV. No further tests are needed. Forget the past. Dr S.Murugan