Should I take Losartan for blood pressure?

My name is XXXXXXX, 6 weeks ago I was talking Bencar HCT 40-25mg, my Dr felt my bood preasure was to low and told me to take half a Bencar so I have for 6 weeks. I went to my Dr office yesterday, my blood preasure was 104/64, he said he wanted to raise it so he was going to give me another script and said I would't need insurance because it was one of those $4 meds. I went to fill it and they charged it to my insurance and said it was because it was over $50. It was Losartan 50mg TAB. so Did the Pharmacy give me the wrong ones and should I take them or will they lower my blood preasure even more.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You have provided me with good information.

Losartan is the first of a new class of blood pressure medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works, in part, by preventing the hormone angiotensin II from constricting the blood vessels, which tends to raise blood pressure.

You must take it regularly for it to be effective. It may be several weeks before you get the full benefit.

Also 10 tablets of Losar 50 mg costs $1.74. It should not have cost you more than this. Though, prize may differ from brand to brand. You can check the pharmacy bills if the drug is same. Also consider consulting your physician to confirm if you are dispensed right medicine.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.