Should I take HIV test again after having a negative HIV DNA PCR Qualitative test?

I have a protected oral sex 15 Jun 13 when I was in US and done all types of STD tests on 2 Jul 13 after returning back to Inida , which the results for all these are found negative.These tests includes HIV I and II and HIV DNA PCR Qualitative test which are negative. DO you I need to have the HIV tests again now
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: get tested once again now Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, You have had protected oral sex, and the tests are negative after immediately around 17 days of the exposure. The tests that you have done are highly specific and reliable tests. However, in my opinion, it is possible that you may have done the tests a bit too early. Hence, I suggest you to get tested once again now. You can repeat the same tests. If the result is negative now, then you are for sure, HIV negative. Hope this helps. Regards,