Should I seek medical attention for painful swollen leg muscle caused due to an accident?
User rating for this question
I was a passenger in a motor bike accident. I fell and with the impact hit my leg. Immediately me lower leg muscle got swollen. It's not the back of my leg but the side. I currently have it elevated with ice. Should I seek medical attention?? I cannot walk on it since it hurts. I can wiggle my toes and move my feet but I'm too afraid to flex my leg muscles.
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Guru 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, you need medical attention Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Yes, you need medical attention. By the clinical description you have given, there is possibility of fracture, but cannot confirm. You need an X ray as early as possible to avoid any further complications. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
People also viewed
- Bowel and bladder dysfunction
- Swollen painful leg kidney
- Rhomboid muscle pain causes
- Severe heel pain causes
- What causes sore heels
- Bladder carcinoma in situ stages
- What causes meniscus tear
- Zopiclone and painful swollen legs
- Leg pain and swollen and tender
- Black sputum
- Cause of swollen leg for diabetics
- Does scoliosis cause hunchback
- Hitting bladder during sex
- Bug bite infection cellulitis
- Swollen ankles and legs causes