Should I seek medical attention for gripey stomach?

Gripey stomach low down for two weeks after eating out. First day some diarrhoea but this went after second day. Short cold after 4 days but still have gripes after two weeks but it has got milder. Should I leave it to sort itself out or should I see a doctor?
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggested to see a doctor as soon as possible... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You are reporting to have gripey stomach after eating out and you experienced diarrhoea only the first day, which gone after the second day. Gripe persists for 2 weeks. To my opinion, it is better to see a doctor to further evaluate what is causing gripe to you. Furthermore, I suggest to: - do abdominal ultrasound - culture of stool for bacteria, candida, virus - examination of stool for ova/parasites I also suggest to: - take spasmex or buscopan to relieve the gripe - take probiotic to optimize intestinal flora - drink more water Hope it answered to your question! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up! If satisfied with this answer, please close this thread and kindly rate my answer. All the best! Dr.Alba