Should I seek medical attention for food poisoning?

OK, I believe I have food poisioning. Twice in a week I have been vomiting with diarrhea. The first episode was 3 days ago and I got better and then it happen again today after eating some watermelon. This time I have a radiating pain on right side of my face along my jaw line. I just was able to keep a little food down hours later and I took 2 aleve. Do I need to seek medical attention or will this pass? Thanks
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Food poisoning is common after having any contaminated food. Pain on the right side of face near jaw line does not seem to be associated with food poisoning.
Such pain may be due to a local inflammation of the ear or a referred dental pain.
You can take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for the pain right now. If it subsides then it is fine otherwise you need to visit your dentist and ENT surgeon to find out the cause of pain.
I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.