Should I opt for painless or painful vaccination and what are the side effects?

as the controversy is going on about painless and painfull vaccination. as a parent iam confused as to which vaccination opt for. what are the side effects of either of it if any.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Regarding vaccines DTaP is having acellular component of pertusis which decreases reactogenecity so bany has no pain and minimal fever if any. DTwP is whole celled component and it is associated wirh pain and fever. But regarding efficacy both are equally efficient. Since there is price difference so it is left up to parents which ever they prefer. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help further. God bless....
Follow-up: Should I opt for painless or painful vaccination and what are the side effects? 6 hours later
is there any side affects of painless vaccination because most of the doctors in delhi now recommend painful vaccination.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: no Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your follow up. There us no side effect of painless vaccine at all. This controversy starts regarding increased number of pertusis cases in some countries but no study has proven exact cause. As I mentioned earlier efficacy is equal in both vaccines. No pain is definetly advantage with acellular one. But again it depends upon preference of parents. Hope this helps. Take care...