Should I have rinsed bruised forearm with hydrogen peroxide?

I scratched my forearm on a XXXXXXX bush last sunday, yesterday i noticed the scratch is surrounded by 1/4 inch white border then a 1 inch bruise around that. the bruise does not hurt, there are no blisters and the scratch does not appear to be infected, have kept clean an rinsed with hydrogen peroxide
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 27 minutes later

The whiteborder and then a bruise around the scratch are normal color changes in a wound due to inflammation and hematoma formation under the skin. There is nothing to worry since there is no pain, itching, discharge, warmth or tenderness. This will resolve in a few days.

Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or Neosporin are also useful. In case there is pain, increased tenderness or warmth of the area then you may need a course of oral antibiotics which are available under prescription. Till then topical antibiotics like Neosporin are very helpful in preventing infection.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.