Should I have double mastectomy for fiubroglandular dencities in breasts?

yes, I am post breast cancer, chemo and radiation. my cancer was her2 stage 3plus. 3 years later, both breasts are full of fiubroglandular dencities. what are the odds they will stay benign and should I have a double mastectomy as preventative. Is once a year mammograms sufficient? XXXX
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Double mastectomy not required Detailed Answer: Hi. Welcome to HCM. I can surely understand your concern.You were fully treated for your previous breast cancer in the form of chemo and radiotherapy. Her2 positive cancers have a faster metastatic rate and you must have been given Herceptin for that. You need to get a regular Mammography done along with self examination of breast and armpits and a regular follow up with your treating dr. Double mastectomy as preventive measure is not required.If it was hormone positive also (ER, PR +ve) then you would have been given hormone therapy for 5 years. Once a year mammography is sufficient. Thanks. Any other query, please ask.
Follow-up: Should I have double mastectomy for fiubroglandular dencities in breasts? 44 hours later
re: my fibromyalgia.......this is a new ailment for me and is quickly becoming debilitating. I am now up to 300 mg of gabapentin and half the othe time I do ok with stiuffness and wawlking with a cane. but the other half of of the time I have so much pain I have to ly down andput on Novocain patches and can hardly walk. to say nothing of the delightful side effects of the meds. Is this what I will have to learn to live with for the rest of my life?! XXXXXXX A XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur 4 hours later
Brief Answer: learn to live positively Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX It is really painful to know about this. Fibromyalgia really causes pain at various sites, joints, tender points . Novocaine patches cause local anesthetic action and another you are rightly on is gabapentin. I will advise you to consult a neurologist for this and do not get disheartened.You are really very bold to face your problems like these. You can join physiotherapy centre where you will come across so many such patients who may be requiring more help and you will be motivated by this and may become a source of courage for other crippled patients. You can also add antidepressants in your prescription from your treating doctor and try to overcome all this positively. Thanks and God bless.
Follow-up: Should I have double mastectomy for fiubroglandular dencities in breasts? 8 hours later
Thank you again dr. God Bless you too!
Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur 17 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for accepting the answer. If you are satisfied with the discussion we can stop the conversation. Regards.