Should I go to the emergency room for leaking breast implant with sharp pain in breast?

General Surgeon
My breast implant is leaking (saline), with pain in the breast. How quickly need surgery? Sould I call Plastic surgen who perform the surgery? or Should I go to the emergency room? When I touch my breast I get sharp pain.
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. The fluid which is leaking can be caused by breast cyst which has appeared around the implant or by damaged implant. Breast pain indicates an inflammation. If you have also fever and chills, increased heart rate (over 100) or the pain is quite intense, please visit ER. Otherwise, you should call your Plastic Surgeon. For breasts implants there should be lifetime warranty. And the surgery should be done quite quickly (in a few days) as broken implant can lead to inflammation and puss accumulation. If such puss accumulation (abscess) will be left alone, can be life threatening. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.