Should I go ahead with CYSTOURETHROSCOPY knowing that my cat scan was not reviewed?

Should I go ahead with CYSTOURETHROSCOPY knowing that my cat scan was not reviewed? And if so what can I ask for - to eliminate or lower the amount of pain involved?
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 6 hours later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your query, I suggest you to go ahead with Cystourethroscopy. Dont worry both are different investigations. CT scan will tell about any abnormality in the urethra, bladder, and most importantly Prostate.
In your case the risk factors are: Age and Diabetes
Along with above investigations, I also suggest you to undergo urine routine and microscopy examination also. And Consider prostate specific antigen (PSA) testing if:Symptoms are suggestive of bladder outlet obstruction secondary to prostate enlargement.The prostate feels abnormal on rectal examination.
For such type of pain I usually prescribe FLAVOXATE TAB, it helps to reduce pain, infection.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile