Should I give acephen even if after the temperature has come down?

My daughter who is 2 has high fever. Doctor gave acephen 120 mg suppositories to use ever 4 hour. Her next dose is in an hour however she does not have fever now. Should we still give the medicine regardless she does not have fever yet or should we wait till the fever comes back. Her fever went upto 103.3
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. I suggest you to do following things: -monitor fever every 4 to 6 hourly. -in case she is accepting orally you can give acetaminophen orally . -since fever was upto 103 I suggest to give medicine 6 to 8 hourly even if no fever for 24 hours and after that give only if fever is above 100F. -give plenty of fluids and bland diet. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless...