Should I get a mammogram for having twinges in my right breast inspite of my radical Hysterectomy?

I am having twinges in my right breast for the last week or so and I had a radical Hysterectomy late 2013. They have found a fibroid in my left breast that has been biopsied and been told is not cancerous. Should I go to get a mammogram?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer: breast pain is uncommon in breast cancer Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic It is very understandable to be concerned when any pain at all is experienced in the breast but it is important to remember that breast cancer very very rarely presents with pain or discomfort. It is normally a painless. Fibroadenoma is a benign non cancerous lesion that can be found in the breast. It is made up of fibrous and glandular tissue. The abnormal sensations are likely neuropathy, this is related to abnormal structure or function of nerves. It can be central (related to the brain or spinal cord) or peripheral. In this case it would be termed peripheral neuropathy. It can be temporary in some cases. The most common causes are: trauma, vitamin b12 or folate deficiency, liver or kidney disease, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, idiopathic (the cause is not found). If the abnormal sensation continues then you can consider the mammogram to reassure yourself but as stated, breast cancer is one of the rarer causes of breast discomfort. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions