Should I get a blood test done if I have lack of energy?

Hello, I have the following problem. I am 19 years old. 177 cm tall and 55-57 kg in weight. I have long been underweight. I eat normally but am not magersuechtig or so. Lately, I take 1-2 kg but more often from what I've eaten enough after a few days but pure. I smoke since I was 14 years. Lately, I have a lot of stress and smoking 20-25 cigarettes per day. I often have cold hands and feet. Lately, I have problems eyes. I see suddenly worse. I was at the eye doctor and he told me my eyes are okay I have from my work computer vision syndrome. Since quite a long time I feel very tired and worn every day. I have no pleasure in anything more. I've hurt Geleng. My knees and wrists crack. I get more often a shiver throughout the body. I have 1 year taken Roaccutane for acne to smoking and Champix. I was taking augmentin in the last year and had also often ill. It seems to me that my body needs a lot of sugar. If I am not a sugar to me like cocoa, chocolate, or so I begin to tremble. I had my childhood in many knochenbrueche (years ago 7-10). I also have a long time problems with my toenails, the nails are brittle. I was at the doctor because I thought it would be a nail fungus. physician who has made an investigation and said there is no nail fungus and he can not help myself. Perhaps it is schuppenpflechte he says. And my teeth become discolored in recent times. between teeth and gums, it is always yellow. I was at the dentist and he said why he does not know is an XXXXXXX discoloration. No one can help me. What should I do? Please help me ... what I have? Should I take a blood test, if so what all? Should I make any other investigations? If so, what? I might have cancer or diabetes ... I'm desperate. I think the whole day just that I'm sick death. Can it be that I'm healthy and that I just imagining everything? Thank you!
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later

Feeling low and tired, shivering , lack of energy all these are non specific symptoms but they do indicate a stressful life that you are leading. You need to cut down your smoking and take your life more easily. You can practice yoga, XXXXXXX breathing and mental relaxation exercises.

Regarding the frequent requirement of sugar, you can get your blood glucose levels checked during one of such spells to know if it actually is hypoglycaemia as such episodes can happen due to fluid requirement by the body also.

Brittle nails are associated with nutritional deficiency (calcium and iron deficiency) and discoloration of teeth is a common association with excessive smoking.

You need to start having a nutritious and healthy diet with calcium supplements to deal with this problem.

Your symptoms are mild and do not suggest of diabetes or cancer. You can take the help of a psychotherapist also to help you relax.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.

Follow-up: Should I get a blood test done if I have lack of energy? 11 hours later
Good Day Mrs. Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal,
thank you very much for your answer!

I have some questions again:

1.) My nails are broken only at the left foot. The right foot starts. Are now 4 of 5 nails on the left foot and brittle nails on a rake of 5 feet. I have a problem about 4 years. My nails are all normal. There is no nail fungus. The doctor said that it could be psoriasis. He does not know. I have made some time ago a blood test. My calcium and iron levels are normal. What else could it be?

2.) The dentist said that it is an XXXXXXX discoloration. This does not come from smoking, or antibiotic. Can this discoloration may come with something else? Listerine mouthwash, vitamin deficiencies, etc.?

3.) What can I do with my weight? I am underweight for a long time. My blood levels are, however, everything is fine. I do not have a vitamin deficiency. I am 177 cm tall and 55-58 kg in weight. My TSH, T3 and T4 is normal value. I eat normally and not to take it. I drink every day 500 ML cocoa, Coca Cola 500 ML, 200 ML of water. I do not drink alcohol. I eat chocolate pudding and also in between There frequently eat something sweet. Why am I not?

4.) Should I stop smoking it? Or should I just smoke less? How is the best way to stop the smoke?

5.) I do not do sports and move around a little. I'm afraid if I make sport even more weight to lose. Should I still play sports? I sport important for me? I work 8 hours each day on the computer and then I sit in the car at home or in cafes. What do you think of weight training? I live on an island. Yoga, there is not unfortunately.

6.) I feel so bad because I smoke so much? Can this really come from the smoke? I smoke made ​​me very ill with 5-8 years? I started with 12, 13. Now I'm almost 20 If I stop that's good for my health? Because even while I smoke.

Thank you very much!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

1. Brittle nails are commonly caused by nutritional deficiencies like calcium or iron deficiency or repeated fungal infections. Poor hygiene and repeated traumas also make the nails brittle. If you have ruled out these already then psoriasis or other autoimmune disease might be the cause.

2.Can be due to fluoride deficiency. Sometimes it is difficult to comment on a problem without actually having a look at it.

3.Weight gain depends on the personal parameters and the amount of activity, BMR, etc. We have experienced dietitians who can design Personalized Weight Management Program. You can take their help at this link:
4.Nicotine chewing gums and patches will help you in this matter.

5.Exercise does not make you loose weight. It makes you healthier, increases blood circulation and appetite. It is a must for all.

6.Stopping smoking and doing some relaxation will definitely help you a lot.

Sincerely hope it will help.

Wishing you an early recovery.