Should I cover my second degree burn on my foot?

I have a 2nd degree burn on my foot/ankle that is 2 days old. Do I still need to keep it covered? Anything specific I need to do to help it heal?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: keep it covered for 3 more days Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Sorry about the burns that you suffered. I have seen the uploaded images. It seems to be healing well with no active areas of pus draining. The area of burn seems a little large. So, I advice you to keep it covered for 3 more days. Use a light superficial bandage to cover it. Do not use compression bandage. You can apply topical silver sulfadiazine cream on the area of burns for faster healing. Apply the ointment twice daily. Get well soon.
Follow-up: Should I cover my second degree burn on my foot? 3 minutes later
Do i need a prescription for that though, can you recommend an over the counter treatment? I will keep it covered.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is available over the counter Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, The ointment is available over the counter in most countries. You should be able to get one easily at the pharmacy without a prescription. Regards,