Should I continue Metformin for to keep blood sugar under control?

Thank you very much yesterday I had A blood glucose level of 398 and a few hours later went down to 271. this morning it was 170. It's been 240 after eating today pretty much all day long. yesterday I took a thousand milligrams of metformin today so far taking 500 milligrams of metformin I are and wanna know if I should continue to take Metformin or what else I should do. Urine showing moderate ketosis via test strip. Thanks XXXX
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: High blood sugar&urine ketosis in diabetic... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I have read your medical history carefully and the results of your bloods sugar test. I'd suggest to continue taking Metformin, twice daily (up to 1000 mg/day). The goal of treatment is to keep blood sugar under 150 mg/dL. I'd also suggest to : - make some changes in your diet menu - be more physically involved Once your blood sugar will be stabilized, ketosis will be also reversed. All the best! D.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!