Should I consult an orthopedics specialist for my child's knock knees?

My daughter is 4.6 years old and has a condition called "Knock Knees". I noticed it recently when I told her to stand in attention and read about it online and heard it is completely normal for children during this age group. What would you recommend I should do now that I have noticed and read that it is a condition that can be corrected. Do you recommend that I show this to a Orthopedics specialist?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Physiological Genu valgum Detailed Answer: Hi, In toddlers less than 6 yrs knock knees ( genu valgum) is common and physiological. The problem is self limiting and innocuous. The natural course of this is benign and requires no treatment. However we advise the parents for an annual physical with the doctor. This will allay your fears. If it progresses even after 8 yrs it may be considered pathologic and interventions may be needed. Hope this answers.