Should I consult a urologist for frequent urination, blood in urine and burning sensation during urination?

Apr 2014

Hello I am not sure whether there is any urgency in seeing an urologist. I have an appointment for April 23 but I have the following symptoms: very urgent and frequent urination; high microscopic blood in the urine (recent lab test); mild burning sensation when urinating. XXXX
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May be due to enlarged prostate,UTI & Diabetes. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXX Thanks for writing to us You shouldn't wait for so long period,you may consult another urologist. Your problem of very urgent and frequent urination is most likely due to enlarged prostate.However diabetes mellitus also need to be ruled out as it can also cause same symptoms. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,RFT,Urine RE/ME,urine culture and sensitivity,PSA,Ultrasound of abdomen and Trans rectal sonography of prostate if needed.Further investigations can be done if needed. Proper treatment depend upon clinical examination and investigation reports. Treatment of enlarged prostate is both medical and surgical depending upon conditions. Burning sensation during urination and microscopic hematuria is most likely due to urinary tract infection.You can take antibiotics after culture and sensitivity report. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX