Should I consult a general physician or urologist for pain in testicles?

Jul 2016

Hello Doctor! I am feeling mild pain in my testicles from last few days. Initially it was in both testicle but now in right testicle only. I am a 31 years old married guy. Pain is happening from last 10+ days. I took some medicine advised to local doctor which is Pantin -20 , Cifi -200 and one pain killer containing Diclo + potassium but there are no relief . I am taking this medicine from last two days. I have no medical history and my testicles never hit by anything. Is there any complicacy with my testicles? Should I show it to general physician or urologist? Please help- Regards, XXXX
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 40 hours later
Brief Answer: Painis due to Orchitis (Infection of Tetsicle) Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have infection of the testicle (Orchitis) This is mainly secondary to UTI which may be with or without urinary symptoms. Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis. 1) Urine routine and culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. 2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen In the mean while start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Taking anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac will help to reduce the swelling and relieve pain. Please note Orchitis takes long time to get cured completely hence you may need to medications at least for 3-4 weeks. Ensure to drink more water to keep your urine alkaline. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Should I consult a general physician or urologist for pain in testicles? 7 hours later
Hello doctor!! Thank you so much for you advise and suggestions. I am planing to visit a neurologist in holy sprit hospital (hospital is just behind by residance). I will visit by tomorrow itself. Any other guidance regarding doctor or hospital would be highly appreciated. This is a normal disease or is there any complicacy ? Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions Regards , XXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is very common problem Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. It is a very common problem which can be cured by taking appropriate antibiotics .There is no complicity and nothing to be worried about it.Go ahead and consult Urologist as suggested . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil. .