Should I consult a doctor for swollen bruise on my leg?

I have a bruise on my leg black and swollen from last week. Now the swelling has gone down but it did but I have hey yellowish tent going from the bruise about 5 inches should I go see a doctor
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: normal progression of blood breakdown Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic When blood breaks down it turns from its normal appearance to sometimes a brown then yellow colour. This is due to the breakdown products of hemoglobin (the protein found in the blood that carries oxygen). Hemoglobin breaks down to form bilirubin which contributes to the yellow tinge you are seeing. It is a normal progression. You can monitor it for the next few days , the skin colour should return to normal in 3 to 5 days. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions