Should I consult a doctor for constant nausea and vomiting?

For the past 24 hours I've had almost constant nausea, but have not been vomiting (came close a few times). Had some stomach cramping last night, but I don't know if that was part or it or because I'm menstruating. Thought it might be food related, but my husband tried my food last night. I have been unable to eat much today due to the nausea. Also, have had a lot of gas (burping non stop until I feel like I'm going to get sick). No fever. Somewhat lethargic and feel cold (I'm one who is always warm/hot). Not sure if I should wait it out or see my doctor tomorrow.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: it can be acidity or a gut infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. Feeling of nausea and a sense of vomiting with feeling of cold extremities and feeling a sense of general sickness may be related to acidity or some infection in the gut. You should get evaluated by a local physician and you may need some blood investigations as well. He will start you on suitable anti acidity treatment and add on paracetamol will give you more comfort. Meanwhile you should take lots of liquids of your choice like juice, soups and curds. Take rest till you recover, usually it takes 2-3days with treatment. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.