Should I consult a doctor before buying home nebulizer?

Jan 2013

I wantto buy a Home nebulizer(as a surprise gift) for my father(he is 66).can I buy just any nebulizer or should I consult a doctor in person before buying one?

Thanx a lot
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 38 minutes later
There are two type of nebulizer available in market: compressor type and piston type.
Do you know it?
Piston type require frequent shut down of nebulizer to keep machine cool. You can't use it continuously.
On the other hand, compressor nebulizer can be used continuously for long period.
Compressor nebulizers are very durable as compared to piston type.
Omron and Dr. morepen are better brands with commonly available in hospitals.
These are available in cheap form ranging from 2500-3000/-.
You can also buy online also.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Should I consult a doctor before buying home nebulizer? 10 minutes later
Thanx a lot Sir
I want to buythe compressor type only
I saw an Omron one on XXXXXXX Does my father need an prescription everytime he buys the liquid nebule?
Shoud I just go and buy it?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 12 minutes later
You can buy without prescription and you can give nebulization with liquid respules.
You should consult with treating doctors and should get therapy on written prescription.
Take care,
And hope your father would like your surprise gift,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava