Should I concern about mild hip joint pain and discomfort while sitting on right buttocks?

Infertility Specialist
Good evening doctor. I am 52 yo male in good health. I took a fall on my mountain bike seven days ago that left nasty bruise on the outside of my right thigh about 6-8 inches above my right knee and another with a hematoma on my right outer thigh about 4-6 inches below my hip joint. three days later I went to my VA doctor who said "it's just a bruise" and made no further exam. She said activity was okay. I have since walked and cycled on pavement with little to no pain except for the injured area. I am however experiencing mild hip joint pain and discomfort while sitting in my right buttocks where the hip joint feels most prominent slight above my buttocks crease, center and inward. Any cause for concern? Thank you in advance.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Rest Detailed Answer: Hi, The injury what you have suffered is minor. The pain you are experiencing is from the injury to muscles around hip. All this needs is rest. I advice you not to cycle for next one week. Use public transport snd don't walk too much. This injury will heal with rest. There is nothing to worry about fracture or major injury. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol.