Ask a Urologist   »  

Should I be worried for increase in frequency of urination?

Psychiatrist
Question
Today I peed twice whithin 1 hr what does that meen its been going on for about 2 weeks
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 31 minutes later
Hello.......
Thanks for your query. Increase in frequency of urination is a common symptom in diabetis mellitus. It can also occur in the context of fever. Hence, i would suggest you test for fasting, post prandial blood sugar levels as well as urine culture, sensitivity before appropriate management can be started. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Should I be worried for increase in frequency of urination? 2 hours later
Well it doesn't burn and no fever just constant and on top of that I only had a gaterade to day this morning and even now im still going

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 6 hours later
Hello......
In that case have your blood sugar levels checked. Also limit your fluid intake for a while. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar