Should I be worried for dizziness, thirst, headaches, and shortness of breath?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I have been experiencing slight dizziness, thirst, headaches, and shortness of breath. I am 29 and in otherwise good health. I did have a heart attack a year and a half ago which could never be explained other than 'possible arterial spasm'. I am not experiencing any chest pain. Should I be worried?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: See doctor as a precaution in view of your history Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. These symptoms are non-specific and relatively minor. However, in view of your prvious heart problems, I suggest you go to the ER for further examination and investigation. This may appear rather excessive but not all heart problems are accompanied by chest pain so it would be best to be cautious and get checked over. Other possibilities would be an infection, mild asthma or, less commonly, undiagnosed diabetes. It would be impossible to be more specific than this without the benefit of blood investigations. I hope this is of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA