Should I be worried for child having loose golden yellow stool?

General Surgeon
My 2 month baby had twice looose golden yellow colour potty in 3 hours. Is there anything to worry? Thanks XXXXX
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: It's alright, no cause of concern Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX There is definitely no reason to worry. Infants have their own bowel habits and frequency, majority of them pass stools soon after every meals and between the meals. There is no reason to worry if the baby 1. Feeding well and accepting feeds well 2. Appears playful and active 3. Sleeps for 1 to 2 hours after feeds. One more advice, strictly follow only exclusive breast feeding till 6months of age. Not even a single extra drop of water. Babies on exclusive breastfeeding have lower gastrointestinal disease, growth and development is good. I hope it helped In case you need any further assistance will be glad to assist you Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCh Consultant Pediatric Surgeon