Should I be worried for cancer after using tobacco?

Oncologist, Surgical
I used dip twice last wk & I used it again twice this week. After reading about the effects I plan on never doin it again, but is it possible I now have cancer? Should I be worried?
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 9 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting XXXXXXX If I am not mistaken, you are referring to cocaine. I am glad that you have realised the potential side effects of cocaine. It is very harmful for the body and can lead to many problems including cancer.
Fortunately just using it a few times does not lead to cancer, but excessive use it bad for the health.
It would be advisable that you give up the habit and consult a doctor if you need any help in overcoming this problem.

I hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
Follow-up: Should I be worried for cancer after using tobacco? 7 minutes later
No. I meant tobacco. Snuff
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 12 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Tobacco is associated with a lot of cancers including oral, lungs, esophageal, stomach and colorectal cancers. In addition to this it can cause heart & lung disorders.
Although such small quantities are not enough to cause this problem but excessive use can lead to these cancers.
It is a habit which is best avoided. There are many modalities, which can help you overcome this problem.
Follow-up: Should I be worried for cancer after using tobacco? 8 minutes later
I don't think im becoming addicted as I actually find it gross so that's not an issue. but you're saying I shouldn't be worried about cancer after using chew tobacco 4 or 5 times in the last 2 weeks?
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 21 minutes later
Dear Sir,

I am glad that you are not addicted to it. Consuming tobacco 4-5 times does not increase the risk of cancer.