Should I be worried after taking plavix?

I have taken 2 75mg. Plavix today (1 about 8am and 1 at 5 pm)
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait and observe...

Detailed Answer:

You are on few drugs that are metabolized in the liver. I hope you do not have any liver concerns.

If there are no liver issues and if you do not have history of bleeding diasthesis, two 75 mg Plavix taken over a gap of close to 12 hours usually doesn't cause any serious trouble.

Therefore do not panic. Watch and observe if you are bleeding from any site - nose, mouth (vomiting) and anal (stool) are the common sites which you should look for in the next 24 hours. Should you have no bleeding from these orifices, you need not be concerned.

Continue with the rest of medications and avoid over dosage in future.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.