Should I be worried abut white vaginal discharge after periods till ovulation?

Mar 2016

hi doctor two years ago i started to have viginal discharge very light discharge after my period finish it doesnt bother me because it is very light, i did ultra sound the doctor told me every thing is normal , it start after period and continue untill evoulation then disapear, since that i am still experiencing the same discharge , my period some times come for three day and then stop for several hours some times a day and then come again, do i have to worry
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later
Brief Answer: MOSTLY PHYSIOLOGICAL. NEED VAGINAL SWAB TEST. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. According to above clinical presentation, I can assume that vaginal discharge (white) after period is quite physiological as it is very light and continues up to the ovulation time. Hormonal imbalance and mental stress can cause irregular period bleeding. However, your ultrasound scan is normal. White discharge occurs due to high level of endogenous estrogen which causes secretion of the endocervical gland & superficial vaginal epithelium. It is mostly mucoid in nature and small in amount. Therefore, you don't have to worry much. Other least possible causes could be Sexual excitement, Cervicitis, Ectropion (cervical glands exposed to vagina), inserting foreign body inside vagina, using contraceptive pill, Ill health etc. Here, I suggest you to undergo one pelvic examination and vaginal swab test with culture to rule out causative agent (if any) and pinpoint the diagnosis. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist for proper guidance. Some general measures can improve your present condition like: 1) Take healthy diet with more protein, green vegetables and IRON supplements. 2) Drink more water for better systemic circulation and to eliminate body toxin. 3) Avoid mental stress or depression by regular meditation or yoga (15 to 30 min). 4) Do regular mild to moderate exercise or 1 hr walking to reduce or control body weight. 5) Maintain genital hygiene properly and avoid insertion of foreign body or any other bath cosmetics. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need further clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW